Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Work, Hail!

For anyone keeping up with the blog (and I have talked to several of you Silent Lurkers out there) the 2nd and 3rd days of work were much better than the first!  No more parking garage puking.  So I've decided to list a few of the positives about the current job situation:

  • I have a doorman who greets me every morning as I walk into the building!  How swank is that?  I haven't asked him his name yet, but I intend to find out tomorrow.  
  • I get to walk a block to work from the parking garage and get a little exercise and enjoy the weather- I'm choosing to view this as a positive for now, but ask me again later when it's pouring rain or sub-zero temperatures.
  • Uninterrupted phone time with friends during the commute
  • A Starbucks is located right at the foot of my building- again, this could be viewed as a negative temptation down the road, but so far I think I have the will power to use it as a well-deserved treat occasionally.
  • We are located on the entire19th floor in our building in downtown Nashville, which means we have a fantastic 360 degree view of the city.  I get to see this view constantly throughout my day- it makes me smile... so much so, that I caught myself grinning today after stealing a glance at the view, then passed another person, and immediately wondered if they thought the new girl was crazy for grinning like a Cheshire cat walking down the hallway.
  • The OCD in me loves that I get to complete small tasks throughout my day and check them off as finished.
  • MA works close by so I imagine we'll have many more lunches similar to our one on Tuesday.  
These are the little things that I am appreciative of when my head is spinning trying to learn this new job, and I am missing my little boy like crazy during the day.  The next obstacle for us will be day care for Bradley.  I know he will adjust fine, but I'm dreading it all the same.  However, to end this post on a positive note, the other great thing about this job is that I have a reason to wear my many pairs of high heeled shoes that have pretty much been sitting in my closet for the past 2 years.  I am a sucker for a great stiletto.

1 comment:

-Beth- said...

So glad to hear this. Thinking of you this week. I know its gotta be hard to be away from Bradley! Hope to catch up soon!

And PS - I knew YOU would appreciate my blog title today ;)