Thursday, December 22, 2005

I geisha knew this was coming...

Taddly and I kept our annual Christmas tradition of eating at TGI Friday's and attempted to add another borrowed (read: stolen) ornament to our Christmas trees. Unfortunately, the restaurant no longer has a tree- maybe because they had no more ornaments for it? So we just swapped our previously-taken TGI Friday's ornaments this year. (I laugh every year I take the green or white (depending on whose year it is to have which color) ball out of my box of ornaments!)

After a conversation full of laughter, Tadd and I met up with his family at the movie theater, MA joined us as well, and we all went to see a sneak preview of Memoirs of a Geisha. I have not yet read the book, but I thought the film was beautifully shot, had a great story to tell, and kept me engaged the entire time. It just geisha right here. But then I geisha knew that was coming! Tadd kept me laughing the entire time with all his sake jokes. The worst of them was after one character stole something important from the main character, and Tadd leaned over to me and said, "what did she take? Her memoirs?"

Afterwards I found a great TAR moment (see the blog) and actually had my camera there to catch the moment for all to enjoy. When you Win a Date with Tadd Himelrick, the fun never ends.

5 comments:

Mark Kelly Hall said...

Well, I guess it's up to me, the Opinionator (love him, hate him, he doesn't care as long as you admit he's right) to break this pun-induced silence (or it could just be the holidays--I mean, Christmas...sorry) to note that the author of the book is a Chattanoogan (and, apparently, not an actual geisha). Disorienting, eh? But interesting. Noted in the same list of "famous Chattanoogans" in the newspaper Weekend section as our own Brentwood BC deacon, songwriter Kelley Lovelace ("The Impossible," "What's A Guy Gotta Do").

(my verification word for this comment: gokkcue. Sounds like a tasty African meal, if you have the right sauce)

Tadd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tadd said...

I'm so honoured (note the British spelling) to be the subject of one of your bogging posts. Did you order the fish tacos? Who ordered the fish tacos?

Amanda said...

Tadd, you'll never guess who is pregnant- Lisa Moody- I know because I saw her ordering fish tacos- it's one of her current cravings with the pregnancy!!

Mary Anna said...

I geisha one of Amanda's new years resolutions is not to blog more often...

HA HA HA