Friday, December 11, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... and Fall!

Too much time has passed since my last post. I obviously haven't been chanting my mantra to myself. I accomplished a lot today, and plan on getting more done tonight after B goes to bed, so let's hope that next week is better for me!

Last Sunday our family celebrated St. Nick's Day. This is the day when St. Nick comes and fills your stocking with presents. Growing up I think we knew that St. Nick was mom and dad, and Santa filling our stockings on Christmas was something else completely. How we never put two and two together I'll never know! Since we were all in our church clothes, and Bradley and I were semi-Christmasy, I corralled us in front of the tree for a family picture.
I give you, the Griswald- I mean, Vilendrer- family Christmas tree! Ain't she a beaut?

And last Sunday instead of watching the Titans lose to the Colts (since it wasn't on TV here!) we put up our outdoor lights instead.













In other news of the weird, the fall season that I missed so much this year has finally come to Florida... in December! While most of the landscape here consists of palm and pine trees, there is a smattering of Oak, Birch, and Bradford Pears that are Just Now revealing their orange and red colors... you know, now that it's December and the Christmas season and all... very strange. Also, the other night me Jess and Kim went running through our neighborhood, and I was in short sleeves, and looking at people's Christmas lights as I ran. Sometimes I still can't get used to living in Florida! I just keep thinking how weird it is to myself!

1 comment:

-Beth- said...

Your house looks SO cute! :)