Monday, December 14, 2009

Full of glee

Finally, it seems it's cool to be a choir geek!

I am totally obsessed with the new show Glee. I have the first soundtrack already and have serenaded Bradley far too many times. We had a little singing and dancing party the other day in the living room when I got the cd finally (thank you, St. Nick!). I will be catching up on the couple of episodes I missed tonight online, since Glee comes on when I'm in choir on Wednesday nights. Yes, it's outlandish. Yes, there are gaping holes in the weak plot lines. But it's supposed to be over the top! It's the music that makes the show shine, and as a result, I am a happier person upon finishing an episode. I'd be willing to be no CSI follower can say the same thing with all the gory crime scenes they endure week after week. Glee is positive and uplifting, and has great messages to share. And did I mention the singing is phenomenal?

Piggybacking off Glee's popularity, this week only, there is a reality sing-off show for a capella groups called The Sing-Off that I will be tuning into. Tonight was the first episode where 8 groups performed but only 6 move on to tomorrow night's show. Check it out on NBC at 8pm Central.

3 comments:

MamaB said...

I love Glee too so that is why I am glad St.Nick brought you the soundtrack by my house first so i could copy it!! HAHAHA. I know all the songs now and can't wait for #2 soundtrack. I didn't like "sing off" though but will give it another chance.

-Beth- said...

I too am OBSESSED with GLEE! It just makes my heart happy :) Did you know the box set of the first 13 episodes just came out?!? Dear Santa...

Mark Kelly Hall said...

I suppose if you like "Glee" you should love "Sing-Off"! I've always enjoyed doing harmony and wanted to sing in a small group on a regular basis, but never have put the effort into making it happen.

And what about the judges? Fair, intelligent, positive but not gushing, honest but not cruel? What is this, real life? Ben Folds is especially worth hearing on the subject.