Friday, September 29, 2006

somethings to smile about

What a difference a day makes! Call it the end of summer blues, or the quarter-life crisis, but those who come in contact with me on a regular basis know I have been pretty “blah” lately. Well I have news (Finn has plans, I have news). This morning I have newly blonde shimmering hair, I took my first ever yoga class, it is a sunny, and-dare I say it- beautiful Fall day (hey, you gotta work with what you’re given… it’s not summer, but a sunny fall day isn’t such a bad thing really) and I am listening to country music at work and wearing my pink cowboy boots... and for the first time in a long time I am happy.

My mood started to shift last night once Derrick took the foils out of my hair and began to dry it. Laura and I went together. She cut off 11 inches to donate to Locks of Love and has a super-cute and sophisticated hairstyle. She looks much more grown up than her big sis, but I’m sorry- I refuse to part with my longish hair right now. With my newly discovered forhead wrinkles, I need all the youthful illusion I can muster!

Need another reason to be giddy? Here's one: raise your hand if you about jumped out of your chair during Grey's Anatomy last night when McSteamy came out of the bathroom?! I cannot TELL you how excited I am that he is back on the show for a stint... really, just how many hot men can you put on one show? Let's continue this experiment- I like this game. I did think the tree going through the kid was a tad far-fetched, and kind of overdone... I mean, wasn't the trainwreck episode more dramatic where the two people were wedged together with a pole running through them? As if the paramedics wouldn't have cut off a branch with protruding limbs and leaves before loading a patient into an ambulence. Dumb, dumb, dumb. But I guess I was too distracted by all of the pretty people to care too much about the weak writing on this particular episode.

It's Friday, I have a great weekend ahead of me and I am one happy camper! Goodbye September!

4 comments:

Rhonda Lu said...

YES I about jumped out of my chair too! I was watching by myself and I definitely let out an audible noise when I saw him. It was definitely the best part of the episode! My friend Julie said her TiVO cut off while Addison & Der were still sitting on the bed talking, OMG can you imagine? If you go to ABC.com now you can watch the last scene in its entirity....and pause it too, if you get my drift.

Sarah said...

It is so, so nice to see that gigantic smile on your face!!!! Wow, love it! And you, kiddo. Ice cream date soon?!

And um, who's been calling for McSteamy's return?!!!! "Soooo hot, wanna touch the heinie." (wouldn't be me if I didn't quote a movie)

Mary Anna said...

That is a fabulous picture of you, dollface.

I'm lovin' the new-found fall optimism. It's only a matter of time before I convert you.

And I totally agree--the tree stump through the torso was a bit much, but at least Grey's seems to be getting back to what we know and love it to be.

Did anyone else catch that McSteamy exited the bathroom in a cloud of, what else, but steam?!?!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad you are feeling like yourself again!!!

FYI - I was shocked by the tree scene as well, but this is actually realistic. People fall, more often than one would think, and have things such as trees, pipes or metal go through them. The paramedics actually leave everything just as it is. (most ambulances do not have hedge trimmers laying around). My friend Jonathan had a friend that fell off a ladder and landed on a bush or tree limbs or something, and since he moved it, he died.
Just wanted to let you know..........
LANA