Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weight Loss Wednesday

Two nights ago, I dreamed I was sipping an ice-cold Coke. I could taste the sweetness and the bite of the beverage, and in my dream, drinking this drink was a covert operation- no one could know I drank it, since I have given up Cokes for my 90 Day Challenge. I woke up that morning feeling two distinct feelings. Relieved, that I hadn't caved and consumed a Coke, and Disappointed that the sugary drink experience wasn't real. And now here it is 8am and I am majorly craving one!

I haven't been taking the 90 Day Transformation Challenge as seriously as I intended, but the one goal I have stuck to is No Cokes. I still have them in my house- heck, I still have them in my fridge, but I am halfway through the Challenge, and I'm not caving in now. I went to McDonald's on my way back from Tennessee, and looked longingly at the fountain drinks. No one would ever know, I thought to myself as I looked back and forth between the Coke fountain, and the Tea. But I would know, and that's enough. So I regretfully got my iced tea that day, which didn't go nearly as well with my hamburger and fries, which made me rethink that decision as well. Kind of the point. Maybe if I have to have Coke with fast food, maybe I shouldn't have fast food at all?

The same morning I woke up from my Coke fantasy dream, I came across this verse at the top of my daily devotional:

"I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." I Corinthians 9:27 (NLT)

All around me I am being convicted to get myself into shape. And as much as I hate running by myself, that swimsuit ain't gonna wear itself, so I have reclaimed my 90 Day Challenge goals, and am back to running 3 times a week (by myself, with my trusty stopwatch and ipod), and going to stroller class twice a week. And oh yeah... no more Cokes... even with pizza... and even with McDonald's.

No comments: