Thursday, February 25, 2010

The 90 Day Transformation Challenge

My friend Jessica is a personal trainer, and is sponsering a program called the 90 Day Transformation Challenge, meant to encourage and motivate people to take their fitness seriously by setting short term goals for themselves, and communicating with fellow challengers. Today is the cutoff for signing up for this, but it's free to sign up, and there are awesome prizes for both the locals and the out of towners, so follow the above link to her website and take the challenge with me!

Part of the challenge is to update everyone on your goals at least once a week, so I plan on using the blog as a forum for my personal progress. Below are my goals that I emailed to Jessica, copied here in black and white, so they're there for the world to see, so no backing out now!

During the next 90 days, I plan on eliminating extra calories and "processed sugar garbage" by giving up cokes entirely (for a southerner, this translates to not drinking any kind of soda or pop, for you yankees). My goals are to run a 5K in under 30 minutes, drop a full clothing size from an 8 to a 6, and lose 10 pounds at least, putting me somewhere in the 125 range. I plan on keeping up with my running 3 times a week, and stroller fit class twice a week, and I'd also like to work in some pilates and yoga here and there. Two Bible verses that I will use to motivate and encourage me are:

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14 and
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
whom you have received from God? You are not your own." 1 Corinthians 6:19.


The end result of this challenge for me is that by June 1st, I will be a "hot hot mama," look good in my swimsuit, and be well on my way to my new year's goal of being in the best shape of my life.

No comments: