Thursday, April 15, 2010

My little songbird

Today the most wonderful thing happened! Thursday mornings we have Kindermusik. Each week we begin class by singing the same hello song where we go around the room and sing hello to each child. This morning we were in the classroom, ready for Kindermusik to start, and Bradley, who was already sitting in my lap, patted my legs and sang the words "Our time."

I suppose I should explain further that at the start of the song we pat our legs in rhythm, and the lyrics go It's our time to sing together.

I was so taken by surprise at Bradley's outburst, that at first I wondered if I was hearing things, but then he did it again and again to much laughter and applause from everyone else in the room. I know this is a small thing to probably everyone else, but to this proud mama it means a lot. I have been waiting and waiting for my little guy to start singing, and it's nice to know he's actually listening and paying attention.

2 comments:

MamaB said...

I had no doubt that Little B would be singing soon..he listens to music and your lovely voice and even pays attention to me when I am singing (LOL). I can't wait to hear him sing in person!!! Wait to go Amanda!!!

Rhonda said...

awww That is great!!