Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shrimping and Saving

My sweet husband does the bulk of our grocery shopping on base at the commissary. The food there is cheaper and tax free. Since I'm the one who does the cooking, I keep a running list of what we need, and every other week I email Brian a grocery list. He shops on his lunch hour, stores the food in his squadron's refrigerator, and brings the stuff home at the end of the day. It's a win win for me. Cheaper food, plus I don't have to drag Bradley to my (not) favorite place on earth, Wallyworld.

Last grocery list I sent Brian, one of the items listed was Cooking Spray. In parentheses next to this I put (NOT the kind with the shrimp on it). Most people know I have a terrible aversion to shrimp. I think they're gross, and I don't even want to look at them, much less eat them. Last time Brian bought cooking spray it was some generic brand that had all sorts of pictures on the can, one of them being a gross shrimp. I had to look at that thing for a month until the bottle was empty. It was awful!

Fast forward to this past week, and lo and behold, what do I see whilst unloading the groceries one afternoon? Yep, the exact same kind of cooking spray, replete with the gross shrimp! And so okay, I pitched a whining fit!
I TOLD you not the kind with the shrimp!!
Is it really that big of a deal? Brian asked.
Well I have to look at it every time I use it! (yes, I am fully aware of how neurotic I am being.)

So my wonderful husband finds a fast solution, and I love him for it! Nothing a little sharpie can't fix! Problem solved.

No comments: