Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring at last!

In the somewhat modified words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.,
Spring at last, spring at last, thank God almighty it's spring at last!

What a fantastic weekend! The warm weather is finally here in Florida. Guess I had to drive all the way up to Tennessee to bring the warm sunshine back with me. Friday was Mama B's 57th birthday. Bradley and I called and sang Happy Birthday to her that morning before going to stroller class. Immediately following stroller class we went to a business meeting for our local chapter of the MOMS club. This is something I have been trying to get into forever, and for various reasons, it hasn't happened yet. Now my friend Sara is about to become the president, so I'm finally joining! They basically set up activities and play dates throughout the month to give moms and kids a chance to socialize, and even have monthly moms night outs.

Friday night Brian played soldier- at least that's what I call it. He ran around in the woods pretending to be one of the bad guys for a training exercise for his squadron. He came home exhausted and sweaty, but had fun even though he was technically working on a Friday night. I rented The Proposal and watched that after B went to bed and painted my nails. I am amazed at how all of a sudden, Sandra Bullock has become an actress I can tolerate!

Saturday was too cool for the beach, so Ann took Bradley to the zoo for a little while while Brian and I lounged around watching TLC, before heading to Zach's first birthday party later that afternoon. They had rented a huge bouncy castle for the party, which Bradley stayed in almost the entire time. Even when the bigger kids were in there he loved it and wasn't scared. We went home that night and had a low-key cookout with some of our friends, played a little corn hole, and sang a little karaoke.

Four of our little guys getting a wagon ride: Front to back, Zach, the birthday boy, Wesley, Bradley, and Joseph

Wes, pulling about 120 pounds of kiddos

Bradley in the bouncy castle

Sunday after church we had a little scare with Bradley. We had finished eating lunch, and B asked for an egg (a cadbury mini egg that he asks for by name that reside in our candy dish on top of the bar). I gave him one, and one to give to daddy. Just as he put the egg in Brian's mouth, he must have sucked the candy down his throat because he started to cry, and had trouble breathing. After a few swats on the back, and getting him to drink some water he calmed down. You could tell it really shook him up though because he was all clingy and cuddly for about 20 minutes after the incident. I'm sure it won't be the last time he chokes on something, but it sure gave us all a scare! I held in the tears during all the commotion to try and keep Bradley calm, but once everything was settled down again, I excused myself to the bathroom and shed several tears of relief!

We spent most of Sunday outdoors. We played with bubbles in the backyard with Bradley, and once he went down for his nap, I read out in the back yard, and Brian tackled yard work, pressure-washing, and washing the cars out front. I even made myself go for a late afternoon run by myself to keep up my rejuvenated commitment to becoming a skinny mini! We rounded out the evening with some homemade chicken fingers and our nightly routine of watching FRIENDS. It was a fantastic weekend, that has gone on to becoming a fantastic start of the new week. I heart this weather!

No comments: