Friday, October 23, 2009

Home sweet home

As of Wednesday night at 5:29pm Brian is home from Afghanistan!!!










Here's Bradley waiting for daddy in the airport, waving his flag! His t-shirt says "Welcome home daddy"









Holding up our sign, waiting for Brian's plane to arrive






The Vilendrers reunited after 3 long months

We had everyone in the airport crying at our reunion! Bradley and Brian bonded instantly. There was no question that Bradley knew exactly who his daddy was. We are so thankful to have Brian back home, and he has wasted no time making a trip to Lowe's and starting several home improvement projects already. He even fixed the icemaker that I had left broken months ago.
After picking him up from the airport, for his welcome home dinner Brian chose Buffalo Wild Wings, so that's what we did, then called it an early night. Tonight we'll grill out and have a few people over to celebrate.
Thank you to everyone who helped us out through this first deployment; for anyone who mailed Brian packages, to Ann for helping me out every week babysitting Bradley so I could go to choir practice, to Kim and Jess for making sure I got out of the house daily, to mom and dad for taking such good care of us on visits and giving me a break, and the biggest thanks goes for everyone who prayed for us. Now we will continue to pray for our other friends who are still deployed that they make it home safe and sound. God is good, all the time.

8 comments:

emmysue said...

L.O.V.E IT!!!! Welcome home, Brian!!

Word verication: grasms (Anybody else freaked out by that?)

Natrudy said...

Oh girl, I'm so happy for you and Brian. So glad he's home safe. PS - great choice with the red shirt. You looked hot!!

Sarah said...

Well, heck, I'm tearing up just seeing the pix -- glad I wasn't at the airport!! So happy for y'all, many prayers continue to come your way! xoxo

Rhonda said...

Such cute pics! I'm so glad you blogged about this :)

Erin said...

I am so glad that he is home safely and that your family is complete once again!

The Wabeke's said...

Amanda I am so happy for all of you! The pictures were great. I teared up a little at the one with Bradley & his Daddy! So sweet :)

Kristen said...

Awesome post. So glad your beautiful family is back together again!

Mary Anna said...

This warms my heart. Glad to see smiles all around!