Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day recap

I don't exaggerate when I say that Mother's Day 2010 was one of the worst days of my life.  Though I didn't know it at the time, it was nearing the end of my marriage.  All I can say is, what a difference a year makes.  This year was relaxing, precious, and stress-free.  I got several home-made gifts from Bradley that absolutely melted my heart, and I got to spend Mother's Day with my mom, too.

I was awakened to breakfast in bed early on Sunday morning.
 I got this vase as a baby shower gift 3 years ago, and Mother's Day was the first time I got a flower in it from Bradley- "for all the short-stemmed flowers your little ones bring to you"
Sunday marked my first time back in the choir loft at Brentwood Baptist, and it felt so good to make a joyful noise!  God was with me.  We even sang "Mighty to Save," a song that will forever remind me of Midway Baptist, but there were no tears, only joy on this morning.  Emily even texted me from France to tell me she saw me on the BBC Internet broadcast!

When I went to pick Bradley up from church, I received a card and flower pot decorated with thumbprint flowers.
Me, Bradley, and Mom on Mother's Day
Proudly holding up my homemade gifts B made for me in daycare
Holding up the hand print mold that Grandma & Papa helped Bradley make for me
A photo session with Laura is never dull...take one...
Take two...
Take three... she's still goofing off here, but it was the best one we got!
We took mom to Chuy's for an early dinner, and had a great afternoon all together.  I love being a mom, and  I love my mom.  She's one of my best friends, and a great roommate (ha ha!).  It was a decidedly sweet Mother's Day.

1 comment:

MamaB said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day--you deserve one. Bradley and I had fun getting your breakfast ready--he kept eating the donut before I could get it on the tray.
Love you too.