A bit of randomness for the week so far:
- I saw my first cicada. I am dreading the infestation. Right now Bradley freaks out if a fly lands on him. That *may* or may not have to do with the fact that one day I freaked out because a roach-like bug was crawling on him, and he's been scared of bugs landing on him ever since... maybe... so what is he going to do when a ginormous flying insect with beady red little eyes land on him? Only time will tell...
- My boss called to ask me if I had put my personal items on her Outlook calendar. I don't think so, I replied. Well, said she, there's a note on here that says pray for so-and-so's job interview, and another one that says 'lunch with MAB,' and I don't know who MAB is! I was so embarrassed! Work Fail!
- I then called my boss back to ask her if she prayed for my friend's job interview at least, because since it wasn't on my calendar, I had forgotten!
- I caved and let Bradley sleep with me last night. Wrong move. He was all over the bed, and at one point I was jolted awake by a kick so hard to my face that I thought I was going to wind up with the black eye that I've always wanted, though not in the cool way I would have liked to have gotten it. He was restless all night, and up at 5:30 a.m. I am exhausted.
- Yes, I admit. I have always not-so-secretly dreamed of having a black eye... that, and a broken arm. I think it has something to do with a deep desire to live dangerously coupled with all of the fifteen minutes of fame attention you would get from having both. Did I really just admit that in print? Whatever.
- While Laura and I griped for 20 minutes about rush hour traffic this afternoon on our cell phones, she waved at me while passing me on the interstate. I love living close to my family.
- Tomorrow night is my second choir rehearsal back at BBC. It's so good to be back!