Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Black eyes or bust

Did anyone else catch that I goofed and posed my Terrible Twosdays post on a Monday?  Man, I guess I am just ready for this week to be over already!  I didn't catch it until I was pondering a catchy title for tonight's post when I realized that tonight was not Wednesday, but Tuesday, and that I posted the wrong heading for yesterday.  Oh well.  You love me, and you forgive me.

A bit of randomness for the week so far:
  • I saw my first cicada.  I am dreading the infestation.  Right now Bradley freaks out if a fly lands on him.  That *may* or may not have to do with the fact that one day I freaked out because a roach-like bug was crawling on him, and he's been scared of bugs landing on him ever since... maybe... so what is he going to do when a ginormous flying insect with beady red little eyes land on him?  Only time will tell...
  • My boss called to ask me if I had put my personal items on her Outlook calendar.  I don't think so, I replied.  Well, said she, there's a note on here that says pray for so-and-so's job interview, and another one that says 'lunch with MAB,' and I don't know who MAB is! I was so embarrassed!  Work Fail!
  • I then called my boss back to ask her if she prayed for my friend's job interview at least, because since it wasn't on my calendar, I had forgotten!
  • I caved and let Bradley sleep with me last night.  Wrong move.  He was all over the bed, and at one point I was jolted awake by a kick so hard to my face that I thought I was going to wind up with the black eye that I've always wanted, though not in the cool way I would have liked to have gotten it.  He was restless all night, and up at 5:30 a.m.  I am exhausted.
  • Yes, I admit.  I have always not-so-secretly dreamed of having a black eye... that, and a broken arm.  I think it has something to do with a deep desire to live dangerously coupled with all of the fifteen minutes of fame attention you would get from having both.  Did I really just admit that in print?  Whatever.
  • While Laura and I griped for 20 minutes about rush hour traffic this afternoon on our cell phones, she waved at me while passing me on the interstate.  I love living close to my family.
  • Tomorrow night is my second choir rehearsal back at BBC.  It's so good to be back!
Alright kids, it's off to bed for me.  Here's hoping that B stays asleep tonight because I can't handle any late night kicks to the face- at least not without some battle wounds to justify the interruption of my REM cycle.

No comments: