Thursday, May 05, 2011

Celebrating my sister

My baby sister is officially in her late 20's. She turned 27 on May 1st. To celebrate, I met up with her and a group of her friends and coworkers on Friday for dinner and drinks at the Brewhouse, and then went to a classy cool springs establishment called Losers, where I aptly "lost" my debit card. We sang, we danced, we tried on Leah's designer shoes, and we conversed with the "regulars."
On Sunday morning, on Laura's actual birthday and the one-year anniversary of the great Nashville floods, we braved the torrential rains to go to a swanky spot in Franklin called "55" for brunch. It's a southern-seafood-Cajun-type place. Oddly enough, this is where Laura ate last year for her birthday too, before we knew just how bad the flooding would get, so it was a bit eerie to be there again this year with all of the continual rain and storms we've been having.
Laura & George shared some kind of oyster appetizer while I tried not to look. Then they got seafood-poached egg- blah-blah-blah for breakfast- more food that I won't eat. Mom and I ordered the french toast and the bacon & cheese quiche, which were both amazing, but I honestly could have done with bigger portions on both. I wish I had taken pictures of the food because the presentation was very nice. For dessert they brought Laura a heaping ice cream sundae that had chocolate sauce and nuts poured over the outside of the glass, and ice cream-cake-chocolaty-yumminess on the inside. That I DID remember to take a picture of. Note to self: take Bradley to more seafood restaurants. The crackers on the table kept him busy!
After brunch, and opening her presents at the house, I went down to the Hill to help Laura organize her closet while Bradley napped. I DO love a good organizational project! For dinner we went to the Olive Garden, and finished the evening with some homemade strawberry birthday cake back at the Murdoch place.

Laura & Bradley
 Sisters being silly
 Birthday girl with mom & dad
 the Birthday Ween
 Blowing out her candles on the homemade strawberry cake- a combo of Paula Deen & Sandra Lee's recipes
I was happy to have spent so much time with Lu this weekend. Now we have a month reprieve from birthdays until my favorite little guy turns 3 next month. Holy cow, I cannot believe I am about to be able to say, "I have a 3 year old!" Time sure does fly when you're having fun, (or when you have a boring 8 to 5 job).  Happy 27th, little Sis!

No comments: