Thursday, June 10, 2010

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

Everybody's learnin' how, come on and safari with me!  Once Mom had been at it for an hour, she proclaimed she was spent!  We had paid for a 2 hour surf lesson, so Brian wasted no time taking his turn.  Of course he did great, but he had also surfed years ago when he was stationed in Japan.  Look at him go!
Baywatch-esque running shot of the guys
Catching a wave, and sittin' on top of the world
After Brian took a turn, Ben turned to me and asked me if I wanted to try.  Sensing my hesitation, he chided, your mom did it.  And that did it.  Despite my heart pounding in my chest, I realized it was now or never.  Mom tossed me her rash guard, and off I went. 
Practicing standing on the board, with Brian & Ben holding the board in shallow water

My surfing video!
The gauntlet had been thrown, and since Mom, Brian, & me had already tried, it was now Laura's turn to surf. 
paddling out to sea
Laura's money shot!

We were all sore the next day, but it was totally worth it!  I would highly recommend Innerlight Surf Shop (locations in Destin/Gulf Breeze/Pensacola Beach, FL) for anyone who would like to take a private or a group surf lesson.  It was so much fun, a great workout, and a once in a lifetime experience.

1 comment:

Brian Vilendrer said...

aw that was a lot of fun. We should get a surfboard!!!