Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Twenty-Ten in Tennessee

Now that January is almost over, I figured it was about time I crossed "New Year's Blog" off my to-do list! Too behind to tell many stories. My aunt, uncle and cousins spent new year's with us. On new year's day, we added all of my brother-in-law George's family to the mix for dinner and had 21 people in the house. Lots of craziness, lots of good food, and lots of good times. The pictures say it all, or most of it, anyways.

Christmas 2009 family photo

All in the family: George, Laura, aunt Missy, uncle Michael holding cousin Addison, the DIVA, cousin Braedon, cousin Garrick, mom, Bradley, & dad

Don't be jealous of our sparkley new year's hats!

Look out 2010- here we come!

Kitchen duty- me and aunt Missy rolling crescent rolls around the little weenies

Second cousins (or is it first cousins once-removed??) Bradley and Addison at the dinner table

More kitchen duty- Michael and Missy cleaning up after our New Year's Eve Snacky Foods Feast

Bradley doing "the splits"

Bradley and Addison sharing a snack on the stairs



Happy New Year's!


Laura doing what Laura does best- cooking! These are her famous brussel sprouts. Anyone who thinks they don't like brussel sprouts has probably never tried hers.

New Year's Day 2010- Time to eat! We had 21 people in the house and I think I managed to get everyone in a picture while they were sitting down to eat.

L to R: family friend Tommy, Missy, Michael, Addison, mom, Bradley, George's mom Diane, George's dad Craig (missing from this table is dad, and me, the photographer)

L to R: George's sister Rhonda, Laura, Rhonda's husband Scott, George's brother Jason, and Jason's girlfriend Shannon

The kiddie table: Weston, Garrick, Braedon, & Savannah

Best Buds dad and Tommy

uncle Georgie and B in a basket
the weenie in his smart sweater
I wonder why Bradley thinks dogs are for riding? Maybe because we put him on them like a horse!
Sisters and sisters in law
the cousins- if anyone can tell me how to get 4 children to look at the camera at the same time and smile, please share your secrets with me! Otherwise, this is as good as it gets!
Aside from having lots of family in town to celebrate, the actual turning of the new year was rather underwhelming. We were all tired, and everyone was doing there own thing. I fell asleep on the couch watching "Where the Heart Is" on CMT- a depressing movie anyways- and had to be woken up when the ball dropped at midnight! I went to bed shortly thereafter.
Bradley and I were glad to be able to ring in the new year of Twenty-ten in Tennessee with so many good friends and family though.

1 comment:

MamaB said...

What a great meal that was if I say so myself. We cooked and cooked and then ate and ate and then I disappeared upstairs to play with the kiddies and when I came down, Michael and Missy were busy in the kitchen and almost done with the dishes. How nice was that?
So thankful for family and holidays.