Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dumpster Diving

One of the things Bradley got for Christmas this year was a set of Leapfrog alphabet magnets for the refrigerator. I should also mention that currently he is still fascinated with putting objects in containers, ie. throwing his toys in his hamper, or the kitchen trashcan. A few days ago I glanced at the refrigerator magnets and thought, hmm, I thought there were 26 letters in the alphabet, and it sure doesn't look like there are 26 letters up there. I should also mention that the magnets are positioned on the fridge right next to where we keep our trashcan. So regrettably, before trash came yesterday, I sat down on the floor and sang the ABC song as I arranged the letter magnets in order to determine what was missing. Just as I feared, several letters were gone, so then I found myself pawing my way through a nasty bag of kitchen trash. All that work, and all I came up with was an I. The rest of the letters must have made their exit with last week's trash. Oh well.

1 comment:

MamaB said...

I'm sad---I never got to play with those. I'm going to buy a set for the fridge here!! Hopefully Stockwell or Oscar won't lose any!!