Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I’ve got my own pet peeves, just like anyone else. For example, leaving time on the microwave after food has been taken out instead of clearing it to display the clock again. Also it’s no secret the stretch of interstate on I-65 South between Concord Rd and Old Hickory Blvd. is the bane of my existence on many days for the simple reason that Tennessee drivers have an apparent memory lapse on this stretch of road and cannot remember that the speed limit is 70- mph, not 60, not 55, and definitely not 50, which, yes, I have been stuck behind some of these drivers while preparing to exit.


One of the biggies though, is Winter Without Snow. What's the point of cold weather if there's no winter wonderland to sweeten the deal? If there's none of the white stuff, I say give me my 80 degree summer days, please. I'm tired of freezing through the first half of my commute every morning waiting for my heat to kick-in, and fed-up with scraping frost off Thomas' windshield!

Now I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but it would seem that there may be cause for excitement here in the Nashville Metro area:




Today's forecast according to weather.com: "cloudy with scattered snow showers and flurries becoming a steady accumulating snow later. Low around 30F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. About one inch of snow expected."

And again, tomorrow's forecast: "chance of precip 90%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected."

Now you northerners may be scoffing at the mere giddiness of one inch of snow which will in all likelihood, melt by lunchtime, but we Southerners are just itching to have one good snow. As bad as it would be to get stranded in my apartment at the top of a big hill with my Netflix movies tomorrow morning, I think I could manage.

3 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Woh, woh, woooooooohhhhh...

MamaB said...

Yes, METRO is out and so are we and I am a happy camper...especially after having to get up and go in to school yesterday to find out they cancelled it a half hour after we got there. Today is a stay-on-the-couch and read and sleep and watch TIVO all day!!!
Let's hear it for the poorly paid school employees who get a free day off from work!!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous of the kids who are out of school. the song "i don't wanna grow up" is making more and more sense to me.
~ari