Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Aw Ricky, I wanna be on the show!

Upon pursuing the Facebook status updates last night, I saw where my friend Kathleen had posted an update encouraging everyone to vote for Ricky Braddy on American Idol. Wait- THE Ricky Braddy??!! The one from Nashville who went to Belmont that I did a musical with? Was the gist of my comment to Kathleen. The very same, was her approximate answer. If you don't believe me, you can follow the thread on our Facebook pages. But I digress.

Ricky sang the male lead opposite of me in Pull-Tight Theater's production of Pirates in My Pants (or Penzance, take your pick) a few years ago. He's also the reason my 65+ year old director had to step in at the last minute and sing the part of the 21 year-old love interest with me, completely grossing me out with his lewd gestures. Stupid Ricky. Stupid strep-throat. But of course I am kidding... only about the part about Ricky being stupid.

He is a fantastic singer, and went to Belmont earning his commercial voice degree. I have no idea what he's been up to since, but now he's earned a spot on reality-mega-hit American Idol. I feel like Will Ferrell in Elf at the prospect of actually knowing someone on the show! Ricky!!! Ricky!!! I KNOW him!

I don't normally watch American Idol, but this has piqued my interest. Assuming he makes it past the next round (AI-avid-follower Heather gave me the inside scoop today and told me Ricky didn't get much air time, so that may hurt his chances) tune in to your tvs and vote for Ricky if that's your thing. Yep. That's about the extent of my excitement today.

No comments: