Thursday, July 17, 2008

staying at home... and barely leaving the house

5 1/2 weeks into it, and you'd think I had this whole mommy/wife thing down to a science!  Ha!  Boy would you be wrong!  A more accurate picture of day to life at home is "what can I get done in the few precious hours that Bradley is sleeping?"  Most days I choose between internet, phone calls, and house work, so all those emails and blogging I planned on doing daily is right up there with the chores around the house that I struggle to accomplish as well.  Many days I don't even leave the house, and when I do, it's an exciting errand like returning a movie to Blockbuster, or going to the grocery store (that was for you Ari), my favorite place in the world (NOT) to scrounge up something for dinner.  Anyways, all that to say, I have NOT fallen off the face of the planet, and no, I'm not living it up at the beach every day (still have yet to dip my feet in the ocean, but we're counting down the days).  I'm at home, learning how to make this stay-at-home mom thing work.  For those of you who have been asking, here are some of the newest pics of Bradley:














This last one is my favorite- he seems to be saying "heeyyy!"  I have yet to capture a smile on film, but I promise they're there.  Bradley really is a happy baby, he just concentrates a lot.  And by concentrate, I of course mean "poops his pants."  Smiling photos coming soon!

6 comments:

Jessica Summerall said...

He's getting so big already... time flies :)

Katie said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW He is so cute!! But Amanda, I can't believe you don't have time to blog, email, make phone calls, grocery shop, clean and take care of Bradley all at once... You aren't superwoman??? J/K duh! I am so glad to see that you are dutifully posting blogs despite the constant calling of mommyhood. Love you darlin!

Anonymous said...

He's precious...what else can you say?!? Love you! Ellen :)

MamaB said...

Oh my gosh--I LOVE that picture of him concentrating (pooping his pants!!) But WHERE is the UK pacifier--I see a RED one instead. Counting down the hours till we head your way........
Love you and miss you

Bart and/or Ari said...

He is just amazing. I love the "hey" look, especially. He actually almost looks like your mom in that picture. Thanks for posting the pics. Hey, we'll take pics of you, too, if you're offering. Missing you tons and can't wait to get down there. Love you!

-Beth- said...

I know what you mean! Some days go by and I'm thinking, "What DID I do today? Ummm...went to target, is that all???" And then I remember, I change 15 diapers, do laundry, clean up after all the spit up & poop and produce & feed milk - then repeat all of the above again! :)