Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dad Gum It's Christmas

Everyone's favorite work eat-o-rama is going strong this week. Co-workers are bringing food in the a.m and p.m for all of us to enjoy so we can rationalize not making phone calls by eating the latest tasty treats put out on the table instead. I brought a hashbrown casserole last week and it was very well received, however, nothing could prepare me for the praise and accolades I got today for the famous Oreo Truffles! Here's what some of my co-workers have said:

"Those are outstanding"

"Let me just say that the Oreo truffles WIN!!! That is the best thang that has been on the table. Don't everybody get your feelins hurt but let me put it this way...my insides shivered when I ate that truffle. sheeeeewwwwieeee!! That is DadGum GOOOOD!!"

"As Adam so perfectly said, the Oreo truffles are causing teams Adam and Steve to have spiritual experiences on this side of the room. Praise Ye the Lord, Halleluiah!"

"Does anyone know a sure fire crash diet that I could try so that I can eat on Christmas Day without busting out of my fat jeans?"

Needless to say, my co-workers were appreciative, but now I feel like Monica on Friends where she makes the Christmas candy for her neighbors and they are all clammoring for more from the "Candy Lady."

5 comments:

Mark Kelly Hall said...

"Three cheers for Amanda, star of stage and dessert table."

Adam and Steve, huh? Sounds fishy to me. Next time you have a company picnic, you should ask them to pair up on bringing the Garden Salad...and monitor their reaction very closely.

emmysue said...

I'm glad they turned out well - I told you they were easy!

Anonymous said...

Did you mention that I made them for you dear sister?
-Laura

Anonymous said...

Whoa-whoa-whoa...

Is there an attorney somewhere who would care to comment on The Diva's behalf?

Do you need time to issue a statement?

We'll wait...

-E-

Mary Anna said...

I remember the day that Miss Borders introduced me to the "Oreo Truffle." We've lived happily ever after since...