Monday, October 09, 2006

Who will open? Sheryl Mayer and/or John Crow

Okay- time to do your best Louie Armstrong impression: "Whata Wonduhfuhl weekend!"

Friday night me, Rhonda, and Mandy went out to celebrate Mandy's recent promotion (don't I feel like SUCH the grown-up?!) and ate at a yummy mexican restaraunt and then went down to Broadway to the Second Fiddle and then next door to Robert's. The whole downtown area was overrun with U of L fans because they played MTSU that night. I got great pleasure out of doing the C-A-T-S cheer and asking loudly to no one in particular, "How bout those Wildcats?!" It sparked many a conversation!

Saturday- MOVING DAY!!! I have the greatest friends & co-workers in the world. Many of them pitched in without me having to beg too much, some volunteering their time without me ever having asked them to. Getting everything hauled from Chateau Bradley to the new apartment took hardly any time (PS- we need a Name That Apartment contest as we still don't have an official nickname. I like the Penthouse II aka The Deuce. Feel free to post comments with your own ideas.) So now I am officially "moved" even though the place is a wreck and I am seriously in need of some organization bins and baskets to make everything fit in my mousehole-of-a- bedroom.

Saturday night was a wedding for a girl I went to high school with. Held outdoors on the grounds of the Belle Meade Plantation, it was the perfect afternoon for a wedding, and I got to see a lot of old high school friends. The bride's gown was Vera Wang (I'll post pics soon of the whole weekend) and the bridesmaid were in chocolate brown dresses of their own choosing. After the sit down dinner and kareoke-driven reception, oh, and after savoring the best wedding & groom's cake I have ever eaten, all the BHS crew and their respective boyfriends/husbands (along with your truly, flyin' solo) hit up Tootsie's in our wedding garb. For old times sake we also make a 2am visit to the Brentwood Waff!

Sunday night was the highly anticipated John Mayer/Sheryl Crow concert. I have never laughed so hard in all my life for an extended amount of time, and it's a good thing Tadd was with us to keep me chuckling b/c it helped to keep me warm in the chilly October night air. JM opened and it was by far the worst performance of his I've seen. His energy was down, and as a result, so was the crowd's. His vocals were flat, and there weren't many memorable moments from his abbreviated set with the exception of annoucing to the audience that he was playing us a "blues prayer." Wow John. Deep. Sheryl Crow had a ton more energy and even though a third of the crowd left after JM's set, she gave a great performance. Some funny quotes from the evening include:

*I’m all about that
*You still munchin on that?
*Cataract, the feline capital of the Middle East
*Sheryl Crow eats gravel
*Flip that house, cat, etc.
*Prairie doggin'
*Emo Emu
*Lesbian mullets
*I’d like to tap that

I hope to get pictures on here soon, but I couldn't wait any longer to get the weekend review posted.

5 comments:

Mary Anna said...

You forgot, "turn that mess off!"

Bethany said...

Hey- who's wedding was it this weekend? Sounds like it was great!

Anonymous said...

i dub your apartment the "vixen villa." whacha think?
~ari

Amanda said...

It was Ellen Brackin's wedding, Bethany

Anonymous said...

Daniel & I were not mentioned in the concert portion of the blog and I am hurt! :) kidding. But I would like to note that personally I feel the funniest thing about the night is the fact that you brought your fleece ski headband! You crack me up.

Beth