Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Boo Humbug!

Despite the negative tone of this title, I am in a fantastic mood this morning. I really think we should do daylight savings once a month or something to ensure that the sun is shining every morning when our alarms go off. I cannot describe the joy in my heart when my clock radio went off at 5:20 this morning and the faintest of sunrays were already beginning to permeate my room! Spinning was amazing this morning- 3 John Mayer songs, and just a good class in general, I'm having a great hair day (Sarah can attest to this), and it's the last day of the month for sales and I am kicking October's behind.

However, my celebration for the magical holiday of Halloween has been somewhat lackluster this year. For the first time in my life since I can remember I didn't carve a pumpkin. I went to Tadd's Halloween party sans costume last night (well, I pretended I was dressed up as a 20-something-singleton, but I don't think anyone bought it), and I didn't have the desire to dress up to work today like some of my zany co-workers. Halloween has seemed to come up short in my book this year, and so as one of my co-workers was agreeing to his shared apathy of the holiday, I said "bah humbug" to him.
"I think that's Christmas," he said.
"Okay," I countered. "Boo humbug."
"That's more like it."

So Boo Humbug to all, and to all a great Halloween. Annoy all your friends today by sending those email fwds that have the 50 pictures of pets dressed up in costumes.

2 comments:

Mary Anna said...

It makes it so much easier to get up in the morning when it's light out. Lovin' it.

Also, it's November. Snap to it.

Heather said...

Oh Where, Oh Where has the pink DIVA gone...?? Oh Where, Oh where could she possibly be?? With no blogs of late and no ramblings to read.... Oh Where, Oh Where could that little blogger be?