Monday, October 23, 2006

my little GOP

So my sister calls me up yesterday and tells me about a guy she waited on at Bonefish Grill. He is a congressional candidate for California. He's cute she says, AND he doesn't have a wedding ring on. Why he was in Murfreesboro, TN I have no idea, but Laura seemed to think I would be interested in him. Of course my first question was, "is he a republican or a democrat?"

I talked to Laura again today and so while on the phone with her I looked up the candidate online since she knew his name. This is what I saw. He's OLD I said! (38 to be exact!) "What ever made you think I would be interested in him?" (this is of course diregarding the fact that the guy lives in California and I have zero chance of ever bumping into him ever)

Funny enough, the GOP nominee also has a site here on blogger.

10 minutes elapse, and Laura calls me back. After browsing Mr. Hankwitz's site she has found a picture captioned of him and "his partner." "I think he might be gay," Laura said. No wonder he didn't have a wedding ring! Sure enough, I hopped back over to the site and noticed a picture of him and another guy at a "Pride Rally." Nothing against Mr. Hankwitz, and I wish him luck in his congressional race, but isn't it typical that once again I am attempting to date men who only like other men? (I say let's focus on the straight clientel who live in Tennessee the next time they frequent your eating establishment Laura. "Yeaaahhhh... that'd be greaaaaat")

14 comments:

Mary Anna said...

In the haunting words of my friend Marcus, "There are good guys in Nashville---and they're all at the gay bars."

Anonymous said...

Tread lightly with your "old" comments... tread very lightly...

:)

-E-

Anonymous said...

Ok... sorry. He was nice and he didn't look 38 in person!! I can't help the fact that he has a "partner"... I tried dangit!
--laura

MamaB said...

What did I tell you??????Mom knows and she didn't even SEE the guy.

Sarah said...

Pee your pants funny!!!

(see? I still read your blogs even if I don't update my own...)

Amanda said...

E-

Sorry to offend any in the senior citizen generation, but 10 years older than me is about my limit. (And that's IF the man is straight and lives in my state)
:o)

Anonymous said...

No offense taken... :)

Just wanted to make sure that 35 wasn't filed away in the "unable to be considered" range...

:)

Good times...

-E-

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back in the blogging world... let's try to keep it frosty, shall we?

-E-

Anonymous said...

yes... 38 is SO much older than 36.
~ari

Mary Anna said...

LOL---Ari, I thought it, but you said it!

Brrrrrrrring! Brrrrrrring!

Hello, this is Pot. Can I speak to Kettle?

Amanda said...

all I'm sayin is for ME, 10 years is the limit. period. been there, done that, still writing the novel.

Anonymous said...

Ariana - you took the words right out of my mouth. 2 years is nothing. NOTHING!!!! For serious. You haven't 'been there, done that' with all 36 - 38 year olds. Right??

LANA

Amanda said...

hmm, it would seem that I need to do a post about age limits in dating. 10 years is a rule for me, but I accept that rules are made to be broken. That said, if you don't have a rule in place, a limit set for yourself, then what's to say what's right for you? "Everything is permissable but not everything is beneficial" You need to have standards for yourself, otherwise how do you know what you are looking for, or what qualities are important enough to you to not bend on, and which ones are?

Mary Anna said...

What if he's 75 and can be my "sugar daddy?"

I'm JUST sayin'...