Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tribute to a Great Tennessean

As a woman, a Tennessean, and a lover of basketball, this video is a must-watch. It was shown at the ESPN ESPY awards last night. Even if you don't fall into any of those categories, I highly recommend you take a few minutes to watch, too.


Pat Head Summit is one of the most inspirational people of this generation, and she's prepared to tackle Alzheimer's with the same fire and passion that she's had in coaching. If her track record as a champion and one who overcomes is any indication of how she will fare, I'd say if anyone can fight this disease, she can. I love one of the ending quotes from a former player who comments, "the amount of people that this woman has impacted in women's basketball is nothing to the amount she will impact for the cause of Alzheimer's." Go get 'em, Pat.

1 comment:

MamaB said...

I cried watching this video. I have been a Pat Summit fan for a long time. She is the best college basketball coach and her presence on the court will be missed. She is facing her biggest battle and it hits close to home since she is my age.