Wednesday, November 08, 2006

When your world looks kind of weird...

I know, I know... I have let you down. And what's worse, I have let myself down. I'm so ashamed. And it's not been because life has been so completely boring that there's been nothing blogworthy about which to write. Quite the opposite rather- there have been blog ideas- many topics to cover- the DC trip (I promise once blogger co-operates with the uploading of pictures it will happen), the white trash bash, the fall colors, the election, Britney Spears' marriage being done-zo, Faith Hill's so-NOT-kidding expression caught on camera at the CMA's, a birthday (happy 21 to me), and SO much more, all for only $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Mostly it boils down to me working out in the mornings and thus being dog-tired at night, so the desire to stay up writing is lacking. And at work, it's been busy, and my own Mac continues to be the bane of my existence, and thus, is still not cooperating, making it difficult to use the internet at the Deuce (did we decide on this name for the apartment?) (Am I even There enough to warrant naming it?).

Anywho.... the straw that broke the camel's back today so to speak- the topic that prompted this blog was the most random of them all. I was talking with a co-worker, a Muppet babies reference came up, and suddenly I remembered (and sang) the entire Muppet Babies Theme song! Cody was impressed, as was I! Where did it come from? Isn't it weird to suddenly remember something you'd forgotten? Kind of like those people you run into from high school that you haven't thought about in years, who you forgot even existed or played a part in your life story- and then suddenly you see them and you're taken back to 5th period Algebra II where you admired Brian Hartshorne from afar and how his chiseled jaw line moved expertly up and down whenever he chewed gum, which was often, and you couldn't have agreed more when he was voted Best Looking Senior. Hypothetically speaking of course. I'm JUST sayin...

Don't be disapointed... the rest is coming!

6 comments:

Heather said...

excuses only please those who make them Amanda!

We are waiting... so set a date night with blogger and spit some truf' ... (Could you sing that whole song??)

in your words... I'm just sayin'...

Sarah said...

Possibly my favorite blog of 2006. Kudos!

P.S. I think I've said that before...

Mary Anna said...

When you're room looks kind of weird and you wish that you weren't there...

Just close your eyes and make believe, and you can be anywhhhhheeeeerrreee!

Muppet Muppet Muppet Muppet...

Anonymous said...

i'd like to hear the muppet babies theme. for old times sake. and its donzo not done-zo. don't you watch laguna beach?
--laura

Mark Kelly Hall said...

You might want to hold your fire about Faith Hill until you read MY "humble and correct opinion" on the matter.

http://markkellyhall.blogspot.com/2006/11/some-days-it-just-doesnt-pay-to-be.html

Not that I'm assuming you'll change your mind...I just want you to read my stuff! Come on, I read yours!

Anonymous said...

random side note b/c i'm going to pretend that i haven't been dying for a new blog for forever:
i love that k-fed is now being referred to as fedex. that's just the best thing ever. k, thas it, thas all.
~ari