Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sunday's stream of consciousness

I have been uber-unmotivated to blog lately, so sometimes you have to just blog, even when you don't feel like it, and the motivation will come later- kind of like obeying God, or going to the gym.

A few random and funnies to share:

"If I can stand at the garage door and hit the garbage can 5 feet away with the dirty poopy diapers 99% of the time, then why can't the Kentucky players hit a free throw every single time?"  -me

Today while eating lunch:  "Bradley, why do you have your hand down your pants?"  -me
"So I can touch my weiner."  -Bradley
(it was like, "duh, why else would my hand be down my pants?")

I tripped down the last few stairs the other day while leaving work.  I caught myself by crashing into the door leading into the parking garage.  Thankfully it was more funny than scary, and there was only one other guy who witnessed my clumsiness.

Dad and I took Bradley to Chic-Fil-A for dinner this week.  Guess whose kid was the only one to climb up to the top of the play area, and cry for their mommy, have all the other kids trying to help him get down, and one of the teenage workers had to climb up into the thing to rescue him?  My son!!

I have been praying fervently all week for my boss' wife, whom I've never even met.  She delivered their baby boy at 29 weeks on Tuesday, and then has suffered serious complications since.  The baby is doing great.  Monica is doing a little better.

We started Luke 10 in my Sunday School class last week.  This is excited because we were in Luke chapter 9 from October through February!  Craziness- but awesomeness!

Some peculiar phrases that Bradley has picked up recently:

  • referring to his sweat pants or comfy pants as "fat pants"
  • "it's okay sweetheart."
  • "What's that supposed to be?"
  • "Uh-oh! I just realized something."


I am amazed at the miracle of spring happening over night.  Seriously- I woke up on Saturday morning and the grass was really green, the flowers were in bloom, and the trees had budded.  How does that all happen simultaneously??

Ellen came to visit, and we have more company looming on the horizon-yay!

While watching a dvr'ed episode of Gray's anatomy, Lisa Patton, the news lady broke in and warned of the bad weather and thunderstorms headed our way.
"More storms again?!" I asked incredulously?  (We've had a lot of rain and storms lately)
"Amanda," mom replied, "this was from Thursday night."
Oh right.  DVR'ed episode. ha ha

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

ahhhh This made me laugh multiple times!!! Mostly at Bradley's hands down his pants OMW that is stinkin' hilarious...and his little phrases he says! Presh.