I was giddy as a school girl on Saturday that I was able to watch the UK- U of L game. Afterwards for the rest of the night, and even the next day I would randomly exclaim to Brian, "We beat Louisville!!" allowing the reality to sink in happily.
Some things to note about the outcome of this game:
- This was the first time in 30 years that UK beat a top-10-ranked opponent
- This is the first time Kentucky has scored 40-or-more points in three consecutive games since 1950.
- This is the Cats first appearance in either poll since 1985.
- UK's first win over Louisville since 2002
- Crowd of 70,857 was the fourth-largest in Commonwealth Stadium history.
- Woodson became the SEC's all-time leader in consecutive passes (257) without an interception.
- UK awaits an announcement from the SEC office, but expects to be fined $25,000 as a result of the students rushing the field after the game.