Sunday, September 30, 2007

Do a little dance

Okay, I know I said I was going to use the other blog to record stories here, but this one's just too funny not to blog about. I was brought up Southern Baptist, but this morning I got in touch with my pentecostal roots.
South African voltage runs on a 220 voltage system, versus the American 120. The plug shapes are different as well, so in order to use your curling irons and other hair appliances, one must use an adapter. Things were going fine and good this morning, my hair was dried, my curling iron was plugged in. I quickly turned the ends of my hair under and got ready to unplug my iron in order for the next person to be able to use the adapter, and low and behold I got the shock of a lifetime! I felt the jolt of electricity (or the Holy Sprirt perhaps) run through my body and I quickly dropped the offensive curling iron. "yall didn't know you were gonna get to see me dance this morning, did you?" I asked. We all had a good laugh and joked about my apparent Pentecostal roots. Trust me, I'm fine, but my left hand does still feel funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me upI hope your hand is ok. Love you and miss you.
-Laura

Photo Joe said...

How ironic....Joe got majorly shocked by his electric air purifier tonight. His hand was numb!

anyway, my intention to post was to let you know that Kentucky is #8 in the polls! 5 of the top 10 lost yesterday. Thought you'd like to know!

Rhonda

Mary Anna said...

Hey Miss Afrikaan!

I'm so glad you made it over safely. Playoffs start on Wednesday and the CUBBIES ARE IN! So wish you were here to accompany me to Jonathan's for an evening of the B's...

Anonymous said...

hey lady! i am so glad you liked No. 1 Detective Agency. i thought it would be right up your alley and how timely! be careful with you over there and know that we're all praying for you. love you!
~ari

costa rica said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...: Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: jcondos house, costa rica beach condos, condos rentals. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

Bethany said...

I totally had a similar experience happen on a trip to Africa, too. Except it was a keyboard I was getting ready to play for worship and the end result wasn't too good. Oh well- I know better now!