Now that baby Austin is due to arrive any day now, I figured it was about time to get this blog posed about Rhonda Lu's baby shower which I co-hosted waaayyy back in June! The BBC parlor was the spot for our gathering this June Sunday afternoon. I pushed our other 2 hosts for a brightly colored shower theme, bypassing the blase pale blue that's all over baby shower supplies. Happily, the other hostesses were on board. Costco did the super-cute and very delicious cupcakes. I fought with those hanging tissue paper flowers forever, and next time, if there is ever a next time, I will buy more tissue paper and wire 2 of what you see together to make more of a paper flower globe, which is what I was going for, but didn't really achieve this go-round. We decorated the food table with baby Austin's ultrasound pictures, and photos of Rhonda and Joe when they were babies (get it, for the photographer couple?!)
For our activity, we made personalized bibs for baby Austin. Lisa models her creation:
Far left is the winner, little Austin with his frisbee golf disc, just like his old man! Far right is Austin posing in a Blue Steele Zoolander face! Here, Rhonda is laughing as she tries to pick the winner.
To create a little ambiance and background noise, I updated the "baby mix" that I used for my own baby shower. It's such an eclectic mix, but every song has the word "baby" in the title. I had to skip past Jay-Z's I'm a Hustler Baby when that one came on because it was the un-edited version and we were in the church! Whoops!
Little Austin, we loved showering you and your mom with lots of love and gifts, and we can't wait to meet you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment