Despite the negative tone of this title, I am in a fantastic mood this morning. I really think we should do daylight savings once a month or something to ensure that the sun is shining every morning when our alarms go off. I cannot describe the joy in my heart when my clock radio went off at 5:20 this morning and the faintest of sunrays were already beginning to permeate my room! Spinning was amazing this morning- 3 John Mayer songs, and just a good class in general, I'm having a great hair day (Sarah can attest to this), and it's the last day of the month for sales and I am kicking October's behind.
However, my celebration for the magical holiday of Halloween has been somewhat lackluster this year. For the first time in my life since I can remember I didn't carve a pumpkin. I went to Tadd's Halloween party sans costume last night (well, I pretended I was dressed up as a 20-something-singleton, but I don't think anyone bought it), and I didn't have the desire to dress up to work today like some of my zany co-workers. Halloween has seemed to come up short in my book this year, and so as one of my co-workers was agreeing to his shared apathy of the holiday, I said "bah humbug" to him.
"I think that's Christmas," he said.
"Okay," I countered. "Boo humbug."
"That's more like it."
So Boo Humbug to all, and to all a great Halloween. Annoy all your friends today by sending those email fwds that have the 50 pictures of pets dressed up in costumes.
1 comment:
It makes it so much easier to get up in the morning when it's light out. Lovin' it.
Also, it's November. Snap to it.
Post a Comment