Mr. Pulaski Man remarked that either UPS or FedEx would be fine, as they know to leave it there, even though he has a dog in the yard. Starved for friendly human interaction, and being the consummate dog-lover that I am, I said,
“oh really? What kind of dog do you have?”
“Well,” said Mr. Pulaski, “he’s Labrador and Wiener dog.”
“Well that’s funny,” I said, “I have a Labrador and Basset Hound mix.”
“That’s what he is- Lab and Basset!” he exclaimed.(I start to get really excited at this point)
"You have a Bassador?!" I inquired in disbelief.
“Is that what they’re called," he asked?
“Well, that’s just what we’ve always called ours for the past 6 or 7 years,” I said as I laughed.
“The only part of him that’s basset is his short legs,” Mr. Pulaski commented.
“Same with mine,” I said! “And he’s got bigger ears than a lab,” I continued.
“You’re exactly right,” he said.At this point I am cracking up! Mr. Pulaski is amused too, because neither of us has ever met anyone who had this strange breed of dog before. His dog’s name is Duke. I tell him that my dog’s name is Stockwell. We have a good laugh and I get off the phone wondering why I ever even asked him about his dog in the first place, and feeling very pleased and amused that I did.
2 comments:
mom your a nerd!
--laura
Lovin' that you referenced George Costanza in your post! Not a day goes by that I don't reference a Seinfeld episode as it pertains to my real life. In fact, earlier today, I was jumping around my office (much to my officemate's delight) shouting, "I'm the Wiz--nobody beats me, cause I'm the Wiz!"
And on another note, Stella, the puppa, ate an 11-inch hole in the wall yesterday while my parents were at work. Dry-wall and all...
Post a Comment