Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Too Much T.V.?

I have been on a TV binge for the last month and a half.  Ever since I took the LSAT, I have been playing catch up on all the fall TV shows I neglected, and let me tell you, I am Loving it!  Every night after I put Bradley to bed, it's like a whole new world!  2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy here, an episode of Glee there, a season's worth of Nashville;  I could really get used to this!  My current shows, in alphabetical order, are:

  • Downton Abbey
  • Glee
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Nashville
  • New Girl
  • Parenthood
If Nashville weren't my hometown I wouldn't waste my time on this one, but I love the shots of the city and the fact that the show centers around country music.  New Girl makes me laugh out loud every single week.  Grey's has gotten good again and keeps me hooked every week with cliffhangers.  Parenthood makes me cry every week, and Glee is the guilty pleasure I just can't give up.  The big group numbers just take me to my happy place of singing in choirs.  Downton Abbey I'm watching on Hulu and catching up (currently started season two) so that eventually I will be able to watch the current season three on TV.  Lately I dream in British accents, and being a maid seems like such a glamorous lifestyle. 

And of course, whenever the Wildcats are on I'm glued to the tube as well.  It sounds like a lot when it's all written down like that, but my television habit is not an addiction or anything.  I can quit anytime I want to.  No big deal.  Anyway, why haven't there been any new Tori & Deans?  Seems like it's been forever since the last season.  I must nurture my love for Tori, and it's hard to do that with no new shows.  I've had several other recommendations by people, but there literally aren't enough hours in the day for me to add any more, but here they are, in no particular order:
  • Big Bang Theory
  • Modern Family
  • Suits
  • Game of Thrones (thanks to Ari, I will forever think of this as Game of Thongs)
  • Portlandia
  • Justified
  • Breaking Bad
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Some show that's supposed to be the modern-day FRIENDS?  Can't remember the name.
What else am I missing that I absolutely must watch?  What should I bump to make room for any of the above?  What are you watching?  Yes, you.  

1 comment:

MamaB said...

"Homeland" is another one I keep hearing about. But with Smash coming back on and what about "Glee Project"--I don't know how you will keep up with all of these and your night classes as well!! I may have to start watching some and just give you a 10 minute re-cap!!