Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm late for a very important date

My practical New Year's resolution this year is two-fold:  to give up the snooze button, and to be on time.  

I hate being early for things.  Something about the way I'm hard-wired makes me think that being early is a waste of time.  Why get somewhere 10 minutes early, when I could have spent that ten minutes fixing my hair, talking on the phone, or grabbing a coffee?  At the same time, I despise being late, which is how I typically operate.  I'm late, I'm grouchy, Bradley is slow, and I am stressed.  My habitual tardiness makes me 10 minutes late for choir, or 15 minutes late to work, and it's become a habit I am none too pleased with.  So I am trying to change that mentality and be more proactive about getting up earlier and leaving earlier so that I'm not constantly in a rush, and allow myself to relax and enjoy the 10 "extra" minutes I might have by arriving to my destination with time to spare.

So hello 2013, and goodbye snooze.  

Since we are a good ways into the month now, I will admit that old habits die hard, but there has been a vast improvement, and I am headed in the right direction.  What are your resolutions, and are you keeping them?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Amanda,
I'm so glad you're back to the blog. I always enjoy reading it and look forward to more witty commentary from you. Congrats on law school as well, that's awesome!
My new year's resolution has been to do a least one random good deed for someone everyday this year. I've been recording it in a blog as well to hold myself accountable. if you get a chance check it out and pass it on. it's rachels365days.blogspot.com
looking forward to your next entry!
rachel naron