Friday, December 02, 2011

Name that Soprano

Whilst decorating the Christmas tree this week in our monogrammed Santa hats, and listening to the Traditional Christmas music station through our cable provider, a grandiose Christmas carol orchestration, sung by my musical idol, Julie Andrews, came on the TV.  We asked Bradley to go listen and tell us who was singing.  This was primarily done to distract him while we hung ornaments, since his short attention span cared nothing for hanging ornaments, and more towards innately scouting out the breakable ornaments from the boxes and playing with them.  Imagine how my heart swelled with pride when B shouted "Mary Poppins!" a few seconds later.  I scooped him up and covered his cheeks with kisses, so elated was I that he could recognize her soprano timbre, especially after not having watched that movie in a long, long time.
 
He also thought the "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas" child's singing voice was Annie, which I found amusingly accurate.
 
*I hope you've enjoyed reading the (almost) daily blog posts during the NaBloPoMo.  Now I can relax a little more at night and make more time for reading The Omnivore's Dilemma without the self-inflicted pressure of blogging every day.  I know that several other readers of this blog have read this book too, so I can't wait to finish it and discuss it with you!

No comments: