Thursday, September 15, 2011

Looking at the world through rose-colored corneas

Getting pink eye as a senior in high school after making out with a hot trumpet player?  Totally worth it.

Getting pink eye from who-knows-where as an adult, missing two days of work, and being out a lot of money from multiple prescriptions, over-the-counter drugs, and walk-in clinic visits?  Mmmm, not so much.

I couldn't even enjoy my days off and go anywhere because a) I didn't know if I was contagious, and b) I was afraid people would start throwing garlic at me because I had vampire-red eyes.

Tomorrow will make a week that I've been plagued by the pink eye.  At least I am back to work and functioning for the most part.

I stand my by declaration that pink eye is the only thing on this planet that I detest.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Addie had it last week (along with four classmates and a teacher) and I looked over and saw Landon's eye weeping and pink this evening. Now of course I feel all itchy! Hope you're back to 100% soon :)

The Mauney's said...

I'm sure you pull it off beautifully! :) And now you have me racking my brain about who the hot trumpet player was! Haha!

Amanda Bradley said...

Kim, the trumpet player went to another school ;oP

Kristen- sorry to hear you guys are battling this, too. Mine eventually went away, after a week of being irritated, two dr. visits, and multiple kinds of drops.