Tuesday, July 26, 2011

But I really love technology

Why am I still up past 11 o'clock on a "school night?"  It's because this dadgum technology is too convoluted for my simple brain to figure out.

I currently am the proud owner of 2 Gmail accounts, 1 Yahoo account, 2 YouTube accounts, 2 Google accounts, Picasa, Reader, and probably some more Google related accounts that I'm probably forgetting.  And so I have been painstakingly trying to merge them all into one nice happy account tonight, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Oh, and I've also been trying to uninstall and reinstall a printer so I can scan some pictures on another computer.  And I'm typing this from my old Mac, which is so defunct that it won't connect wirelessly, so it has to be directly connected to a modem.

I also did download a new song from Amazon tonight- Good Life by One Republic.  It's one of my current favorite whistle songs, and was free with a credit I had.

I do so heart technology (she says dripping with sarcasm).

On a side note, I am considering making the leap from Yahoo to Gmail permanently, but I'm not convinced it's going to make my life any easier if I can't link up all my current accounts.  Any whiz kids want to weigh in on this?

1 comment:

jillymae said...

You can have Gmail import your other email. I've had my Gmail import my Hotmail account (that i can't part with for Paypal reasons) for over a year and it's great! Even gets rid of the spam!

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/import-your-mail-and-contacts-from.html
You'll need to go to your Account settings. Then on Gmail- settings, click settings (clicking Gmail just sends you back to your Gmail as I have discovered). Then just follow the tips in the above link, if you need them. Hope that helps!