Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Hearts Day, the prequel

We celebrated Valentine's Day last Sunday night with the family. Laura, George, and the weenies came over for dinner.  We had onion-stuffed burgers, grilled veggies, and sweet potato fries.  For desert, mom made these little chocolate covered heart shaped cakes that were a pain in the you-know-what to make, and we were so stuffed from dinner that none of us could hardly enjoy them, they were so rich!

Bradley got some candy, a ton of stickers, a few little cars, some stamps, and Mary Poppins on dvd, among other little dollar store treats I managed to find.



He was probably most excited at the balloon from Laura & George, though.

 My goofy brother in law, and the weenies
 I'm holding up my candy from Bradley.  This was hardly a surprise as B had asked me numerous times leading up to Valentine's Day if we could have some of my candy before mom would shush him and remind him that it was a surprise!
Check out the chipmunk cheeks full of candy!
 I have finally learned the secret to getting Bradley to smile in pictures!!!  See here?  Let me let you in on a little secret:  It's called reverse psychology!
 "Don't you smile, Bradley!  Don't you dare smile!"
 I can't believe I look so crappy when I am finally getting him to smile with me in a picture!
The color-coordinated cheshire cats cheesin'

I enjoyed our little Valentine's celebration.  Bradley got me some candy, new brown socks which I have desperately needed, new pink pajamas, and a really pretty pink jeweled frame with a picture of me and him in it.  The boy can shop, I tell ya!

No comments: