Wednesday, January 19, 2011

mid year update

It's been a while since I've done an update with Bradley.  Well past the two-and-a-half mark, Bradley weighs a healthy 34 pounds.  I have no idea how tall he is but he is slowly slimming down, losing his "buddah belly," and getting taller.  He has adjusted to daycare very well and loves his teachers Ms. Nikki and Ms. Gena.  We have a lot of made up games we play that I wanted to make sure I documented.

  • "You're Not Going to Chase Me Are You?"  Bradley will say this and then laugh as he runs away.  It's the game of chase we play around the downstairs of the house.
  • "Tackle" Bradley will ask me to tackle him, which then turns into tickling
  • "The Snake Game" I take the big stuffed snake that Bradley got from the zoo, and sing the snake charmer song to him, and just when he least expects it, I throw the snake at him and scare him, to his sheer delight.
  • "Hey!"- This is a game Grandma B plays with Bradley.  She lays on his bed, Bradley steals her pillow, and then she shouts "Heyyyy!" and takes the pillow back.  (Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.)
I'm sure we have more games, but they escape me now.  Bradley still likes Toy Story, doesn't care much for Elmo or Sesame Street any more, and also likes Super Why and Little Einsteins.  As far as toys go, he plays with Buzz, Woody, and Jessie, but doesn't seem to have much of a preference for any other toys.  Potty training is slow and steady.  Bradley is stubborn and will only go on the potty when he wants to.  He is often moody, but very smart, and constantly makes us laugh.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

I love these updates. I have a feeling that someday you will be so thankful to remember this stuff!