Saturday, January 01, 2011

Christmas week recap

I have gotten so far behind in blogging that I fear I will never catch up.  The week of Christmas, here was my agenda:

Tuesday- Garth Brooks concert with former Penthouse Pets, Rhonda Lu and Emmy Sue

Wednesday- work a half day and pick Conley up from the airport.  Lunch at Chuy's, the beginning of mutant virus aka hoarseness and a severe sore throat

Thursday- drive up to Clarksville and have lunch with Conley and her parents, and said goodbye to her.

Friday- Christmas Eve- Christmas Eve service at church.  I bribed Bradley with the promise of getting to open a present when we got home in exchange for good behavior at church.  I was so hoarse I literally couldn't get any notes out, forcing me to sit and listen to everyone else sing Christmas carols.  Bradley got to open a present at home- a Jessie doll from Toy Story.  They've been inseperable since.

Christmas Eve night- Heather, Jacob, Angie, and Clarinda came over for dinner.  Laura and mom cooked a fabulous dinner- filet, green bean casserole, potatoes, and salad.  Heather & Jacob were responsible for bringing the communion:  bread and wine!  We also had an amazing dessert spread of homemade cookies and cookie bars.  We ended the evening with a $5 Dirty Santa gift exchange.  The Poolar Bear will go down in Dirty Santa history, thanks to Jacob.

Christmas Day- Bradley was super excited to open his door and see the toys from Santa under the tree.  His favorite toys that he's carried around nonstop since Christmas are the Jessie, Buzz Lightyear, and Woody dolls from Toy Story.  We spent a relaxing day at home, playing with toys, and lounging around.  Christmas breakfast was noteworthy- I made monkey bread, Laura made a spinach and bacon quiche, and mom made a hashbrown casserole.  It was just enough food, and great mix between sweet and savory.  George got a toy helicopter that Oscar enjoyed chasing and barking at, and George enjoyed flying.

The 26th and 27th we went to Indiana, and the 28th and 29th were spent in Florida.

I went back to work on the 30th, and so I opted to stay in for new year's eve last night, and was in bed snuggling with Bradley by 10:30 p.m.  No use in staying up to midnight when you've got a little one who's up at 6 a.m.

So there's the fastest recap ever.  I got a new camera so I now need to upload all the pictures and catch up there.  Happy 2011!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Great recap Amanda! I should have done that instead of 4 separate posts! SHEESH. My little one is also obsessed with Toy Story this year - he hasn't even seen the movie, but is still obsessed. Go figure. Happy New Year.