Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bradley's First Music Program

You all know I was a born performer.  I have no shame about the fact that I've been giddy for months, ever since the daycare director told me they would be putting on a "Winter Gala" music program in January.  Each class would perform 2 numbers, and Bradley's class, the Two Year Olds would grace us with astonishing renditions of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," and "Shoe Fly, Don't Bother Me."  (That second one was a new one for me.)  They sent home a song sheet wth the 2 songs his class would be singing, and I have been intentional about singing those songs with Bradley to make sure he knew them.  The date's been on my calendar for forever, and tonight was finally the big night.

Me, mom, dad, Laura, & George went over to daycare tonight, claimed our seats, and braced ourselves for the performance of a lifetime.  I was ready with my camera to take pictures, and mom recorded the video.  I know Bradley likes music, and likes to sing.  But I also know that he is not the DIVA that I am.  He is shy around groups of people he doesn't know, and normally won't perform on the spot when asked to, even if it's just for a family member, so although I was a teensy bit disapointed, I wasn't surprised when my son looked like this the entire time:
The Vietnamese lady on the far left is his teacher Ms. Gena.  She's in mid-song right here, singing away while the kids stare at the audience!
 He clasped his hands nervously, and didn't utter a peep of one of those songs.  Apparently a sea full of staring faces was just too much for him and his classmates, because most of them wouldn't sing either!

Once we got home, I got an encore performance of "Shoe Fly, Don't Bother Me" on video. 

 Of course I am still a proud mama, and look forward to many more performances!

3 comments:

emmysue said...

Oh my goodness, that video was adorable!!

Erin said...

AWESOME!!! What a sweet little voice! Love the bib on the head at the end :)

Natrudy said...

That was just about the most precious thing I've seen in a while. i loved it!