Thursday, December 09, 2010

Two and a half

On Tuesday, December 7th, Bradley was officially halfway through the terrible twos!  I have a 2 1/2 year old now.  This really hit home for me when I realized last night that on his next birthday he will be 3.  A 3 year old??  Where has the time gone?

Well, on Tuesday, my little two-and-a-half year old did something that melted my heart.  As I was giving him his hug at daycare and about to leave to go to work, he said, "I love you mommy."  Of course he has said this to me before, repeating it after me, but he has never said it to me out of the blue like that and on his own accord.  He said it again to me tonight, so it wasn't just a fluke.

When they're babies you wait so long for them to finally be able to say "mama" and then you secretly cannot wait until the day they tell you they love you.  That day has finally come for me, and I am over the moon about it.

2 comments:

MamaB said...

I got tears in my eyes when you told me about it.

Sarah said...

I love this. Warms my heart. :) xoxo