Monday, December 06, 2010

St. Nick's Day

To the 2% of the population who know what this holiday is and celebrate it, Hope you've had a wonderful St. Nicholas Day.  I tried explaining what St. Nick's Day was to Bradley on our way to daycare this morning, and he thought we would be going to Nicholas' house!  I think maybe he got the hang of it tonight when we discovered what St. Nick had left in each of our stockings.  This was his face as we brought him his stocking tonight!

 Showing Mommy his new Elmo ornament
 Even the dogs know they get something on their stockings on St. Nick's Day- here they are waiting for their treats to be unwrapped.
 Bradley and I with our stockings
 Bradley with Grandma B & Papa...
ps- the secret to getting him to smile in these pictures? He has candy in his mouth!!!
I am on track to making this a good Christmas for us this year.  I can't spend a ton of money, but I'm making sure the gifts I do buy are thoughtful and not just haphazard purchases.  Bradley can sing most of Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and he knows who all the characters of the manger scene are.  Even though he's little, I'm trying to make sure he understands that while Santa Claus is fun, it's not what Christmas is all about.  Plus when I have my down days during this holiday season I remember the true meaning of Christmas myself, and realize I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: