Friday, July 16, 2010

We like to potty

I get annoyed at people's Facebook status updates that record the every move of their children.  I try so hard not to be that person, so instead of posting this on FB it can go here:  Bradley went peepee on the potty for the first time tonight!  (See, isn't that just obnoxious to read?  I'm writing this more for me than you, so sorry if that's TMI.)

I was so excited and so sad at the same time.  As each day passes my little boy is growing up.  Soon he'll be out of diapers, then starting kindergarten, and then dating girls- I shudder at these thoughts!  I didn't even think Bradley was ready to start trying yet.  We've had his potty since Christmas, and every now and then he would sit on it, but lately, right after he hit two (the age, not the corresponding bathroom duty (or doody)), he seemed more ready and interested.  I bought the Elmo Pottytime video (Thanks Rachel- I didn't even know it existed until I read about Mason watching it).  And after watching that a few times, Bradley seemed more vocal about wanting to try.

We were upstairs playing tonight, and he said he needed to go, so off to the bathroom we went, like so many times before.  You can imagine my shock when something actually came out this time! (Again, TMI for Facebook, I don't need hundreds of people reading about my son's number one habits, just you!)  We put a sticker on his new potty chart, so I guess tomorrow and from here on out I'll have to be diligent about sitting him on the potty seat first thing in the morning, after nap time and so on.  Now that he's done it once, we have to be consistent.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha! I am the same way about posting your child's every move on FB. Why won't people realize no one really cares except you..the mom. It's like listening to someone tell you about their awesome vacation they just went on while you were stuck at home working.

I do enjoy reading about other mom's experience with potty training since we may be going through it in the near future, however, Mason has been watching that dang video for the last six months and has no interest in going to the potty. I am not pushing the issue right now. I think it will easier for us in the wintertime anyway when we are not on the go so much.

Wow, sorry this comment is so long..but I do want to get together soon. Send me a message and let me know if you have any days open next week.

Congrats to Bradley for being such a big boy!!

Sarah said...

Pretty sure the best part about this post is the title - ha-larious!

I love hearing your Bradley stories. :)