Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious

Recently Bradley has become enamoured of Mary Poppins.  He's watched the movie several times now (stopping and starting again when he gets antsy, of course), and he often sings one-liners from the movie's many songs.  No, in reference to the title of this blog, my genius son is Not singing Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious, but upon watching the movie with him one day, I stopped and thought about the practically-perfect-in-every-way person's description of this nonsense word. 
"It's something to say when you don't know what to say."

And that's how I've been feeling about blogging lately.  So much has overwhelmed me in my personal life these days, and most people who read this blog I assume already know what's going on, but besides chronicling Bradley's every cute move, I use this blog to vent my feelings, and write as a creative outlet.  But with everything going on... Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious... I haven't quite known what to say.  There is a fine line between transparency and airing one's dirty laundry.  It's also freeing however to just say something out loud and stop hiding behind evasiveness.  So here it goes: 

Brian and I are getting a divorce.

Other than that, I'm dealing with things the way Mary Poppins has taught me to- with a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down- and consuming mass quantities of sweets!

7 comments:

Katie said...

What an excellent perspective. Looking back, I guess we have all spent time in the supercalafragilisticexpialidocious arena of life. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Side note: Whoever came up with that word is genius!

Erin said...

Amanda,
I had no idea. I am so sorry. My prayers will certainly be with you, Brian, and Bradley.

Kristen said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about & praying for you guys. And I agree - what a wonderful perspective. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Kim and Josh said...

I hope it brings a little relief just to put it out there... now I can join the others in praying for you and your family.

MamaB said...

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious--I have plenty to say but this word will just have to do. YOU are an amazing lady daughter dear and I love you. Things are looking up and that is the right direction for a change.
AND give little B another week or so and he WILL be saying and singing this song too!

Sarah said...

Honestly, how can you ever be in a bad mood when Mary and Bert are singing Supercalafragilisticexpiadlidocious? I know I can't.

Love you, dear friend!

Your said...

Hey Amanda. I miss you, and heard that you were going through some tough times right now. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you.

Morgan