Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sun & Sand, so far

We are well into beach season and I don't think I've posted any pictures from our time spent at our favorite place!  We've gotten into a routine where pretty much every Saturday we go down to the fake beach (aka Juana's) as a family.  Bradley likes the calmer water of the sound, and will venture into the water fearlessly with one of us holding his hand.  The times when Brian isn't with me, I head to the real beach for some relaxing waves.  It makes for a good compromise.

Bradley is super fair-skinned, so I have to be on top of my game keeping him slathered down in sunscreen, which he hates!  At the beach he wears a shirt, plus I always have a hat on him whenever we're outside during the day.  He refuses to wear sunglasses still.
Learning how to swim with Grandma Anna on Mother's Day 2010

The way the wind has blown his hat, I think Bradley looks like one of the Three Muskateers here!
Watching mommy build a sand castle.  He thinks the "pat pat pat" I do to pack the sand and smooth the edges is funny!
Bradley & Brian at the fake beach.  Thanks to Andrew Reed, Bradley stomps every sand castle we build!
"Cheese!"
Me & Bradley relaxing in the water
One of Bradley's favorite games to play is throwing a shovel into the water, watching it float away, and then going to retrieve it.  Here Brian has walked Bradley out to shoulder-level water to get his red shovel!
A rare moment playing in the sand, and not eating at Navarre beach with Grandma Ann!
Snacks!  Ahh, that's more like it!  I always make Bradley sit under the umbrella whenever he's eating for two reasons; one, to keep the food on the blanket, hopefully eliminating as much sand contamination as possible, and two, to keep him in the shade as much as possible.
We slather on the sunscreen, and hit the beach whenever we can.  Visitors are always welcome!

No comments: