Monday, March 01, 2010

Run-on sentences

Today officially starts the 90 Day Transformation Challenge. Become a fan of "About Face Fitness" on Facebook to keep up with the contest and post encouraging messages! My post today said this: enjoyed my last coke yesterday... only 89 more days to go- ha ha!

I ran a 5K this past weekend, and as far as times go, it was my worst one out of the three I've done (35:16) but to be fair, I was running with a group this time, and wanted to stay with the group when I could have pushed myself at the end. Today however, I registered for the McGuire's St. Patrick's Day Run which is coming up on March 13th. I had to list a prediction time, and so I put down 33:30. If I can run that, it will be my best time, and put me towards my goal of running a 5K in under 30 minutes. In each division, the runners closest to their predicted run time win prizes.

Purple Powerhouses: Kim, Jess, and me


Kim and I before the race, wearing our matching About Face Fitness sweatshirts.

After the race Kim went to get her stuff out of my trunk and she wondered how we'd know whose sweatshirt was whose. Without missing a beat, I replied, "smell them." It's a well known fact that everyone has their own distinct scent, and so after sniffing the shirt we were each holding, we exchanged them quickly with a laugh and a, "this one's yours!"

No comments: