Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And two became one, two years ago

2 years ago today, Brian and I joined our lives together in marriage. For those of you that know our story, the fact that we are able to celebrate our year anniversary today is quite an accomplishment. It has been a lot of love, a lot of prayer, determinaton, forgivenss, and prayer!

In honor of Mardi Gras today, and because we honeymooned in New Orleans, I made us a romantic candlelit breakfast of beignets. Even more romantic was that I burned the oil and filled our house with smoke. Oh well, at least the pure fried yumminess still turned out okay. We have a picture from our honeymoon eating the bengnets at Cafe Du Monde, so here's the same shot 2 years later! You'll notice in the bottom of the picture is Chandler begging for beignets, which he eventually got!

Now tonight we get to cap off the day with a nice dinner out at my favorite local Mexican restaurant, Cactus Flower Cafe. I have been sufficiently starving myself today for the occasion! Thanks for sharing in this milestone with us!

3 comments:

emmysue said...

Happy Anniversary!! Eat some extra Mexican food for me!!

Anna W. said...

happy 2 years! cactus flower is the best!

MamaB said...

Beignets and mexican food both in one day---that sounds yummy!!! I guess B was sleeping or else he would have been enjoying those beignets instead of Chandler. Hope you had a great day.