Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Duck in a box

I can't help myself. I turn everything into songs. Whatever the circumstances of my day, I am liable to turn into a song lyric. Yesterday it was Bradley's shirt that read "A Mighty Surfer" which of course became "a mighty surfer is our boy" sung to the tune of the hymn, "A Mighty Fortress is our God."

Today I was playing with Bradley in his room when all of a sudden I noticed he was playing with one of his ducks and the box that the 5 ducks belong in. So of course, I immediately began to sing aloud, "it's my duck in a box." And then I paused to ponder just how wrong it is that I am using obscene songs to turn into tunes to sing to my child. The SNL writers would probably be glad to know their stuff has staying power.

6 comments:

Anna said...

HAHA!!!!!

Mary Anna said...

This made me laugh out loud. Seriously.

Thank you for your kind words. I needed the encouragement.

Love you, and see you in Octubre!

Rhonda said...

LOVE IT! hahahaha!

Laura said...

Step 1: open the box 2: put your duck in that box.

MamaB said...

Keep singing to him--SNL versions and all. He won't know the difference!!

Keri said...

ha Laura beat me ... I was going to say the SAME thing