Saturday, August 01, 2009

One week of deployment down...

Too many to count to go!

So far Brian and I have been able to talk on the phone almost every day. Our longest phone call to date has been 12 min 38 seconds; most average around 6 minutes. I'm so thankful for that time though. He usually sounds tired when I talk to him since he's just finished working and getting ready to go to bed, but no news is good news otherwise. I've been told that if I don't hear from him, it means everything's A-okay, and that if there were some kind of emergency, I'd be notified quickly. This has become our reality for the next 3 months. I'm grateful that the calendar now says "August" because it means November is just a little bit closer.

So far I've met my goal to leave the house at least once a day. I even went running Thursday night with my 2 friends/neighbors Jess and Kim. We ran for 30 minutes at a nearby park, with walking intervals in between. For someone who hasn't run in a long time, and to have to push a stroller while doing it, I was pretty pleased with myself. We're supposed to go again tonight, so wish me luck.

Not much else to report on the home front. Bradley is walking a little more at a time. He still would rather crawl, or have me pick him up so I need to encourage him to self-propel since my wrists are starting to act up again. Pray for that, and pray for Brian, Bart, and the rest of our troops.

1 comment:

Kell said...

The things I miss when I don't keep up-to-date. I've only just started reading your blog and slowly getting my way through it.

After reading this I just want to say, you are very strong. My boyfriend's best mate is in the Army and it breaks my heart when he goes on tour. He’s headed out next Feb. For you to write about your husband like this shows great character and strength. God bless both of you and your little boy. xx